---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 21:41:39 EST
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Setting the record straight

Dear Barbara,
it is incredible how an innocent remark like mine "if a Parkinson list,
network,  forum, conference or whatever existed", bore fruit in such an
extremely short time. It seems only like yesterday that I was talking to my
good friend Rina (Judy Norris' friend).  Rina and I often meet in a nearby
park to walk our dogs, her Samoyed and my Husky.  Besides the fact that it
provides good exercise, we enjoy each other's company and our varied
discussions.  And here is just an example of the kind of avalanche a tiny
pebble can cause; and I feel quite glad that I had just a tiny part to
play.  My biggest obstacle then was connecting to Internet.  Membership
friends from an excellent Toronto computer club, LOGIC, helped me gain
acceptance to MAGIC with Internet connection.

I think I can speak for all Parkinsonians when I say:" THANK'S TO BOTH OF
YOU, JUDY AND BARBARA FOR ALL YOUR WORK AND EFFORT.

And let's hope that this circle will prosper and grow and that we, the
patients, caregivers, friends, relatives and professionals may be able to
help each other to not loose hope, give each other confidence and most
importantly:  RETAIN OUR SENSE OF HUMOR!

Here, we hope to find a sympathetic ear,  may talk as much as we want -
what  godsend for those who are experiencing speech problems.  And we can
enjoy these computer sessions at our leisure, no appointment is necessary,
we can let our fingers do the dancing when they feel fit.  What better way
to circumwent the <<OFF>> times?

Margret