Bob Newbrough - This message is particularily for you Bob,
but I also posted it as it may contain some points of
interest for others:

Re Exersize - I have just read several notes here on the
Prodigy BB concerning 'Exersize'. Of those I felt that
the message by Will Johnston reflected my condition the
closest....I am now 72 yrs old. Before I was DX'd with PD
in 1985 I was quite active both mentally and physically. I
started each day with a 30 minute workout combining
Aerobic and Calesthenic (sp?) exersizes. However,
co-incidental with the beginnings of PD I noticed a
decreasing muscle tone despite the exersizing. Also the
exertion left me tired to a point where I felt I needed to
rest. In an effort to balance exersize and exertion I cut
back on the exersizing. This cut-back became greater as
time went on.    Part of my reasoning was that if I was
tiring to a point where I had no energy left to pursue
other daily activities then my existance was merely to
exersize and while that may be a rewarding goal for some
I preferred to use what energy I had in other ways. AT any
rate I still am able to live a fairly full lifestyle
(albeit s-l-o-w) by keeping my physical exertion to a
minimum. My health and heart remain strong  and the
advance of PD seems minimal. I take 5 gms Eldepryl twice
daily in the hopes of extending my functioning lifestyle
and Sinamet 25/100 also twice daily. In regsrds to the
Sinamet - I have experimented with varying dosages and
found that more (4 X daily) had little or no effect but I
did notice a slight negative effect when I dropped the
doseage to 0. My understanding of these two medications is
- Sinamet supposedly gives short-term systematic relief
and Eldepryl long term slowdown of PD progression.
Therefore an absence of Sinamet is merely uncovering
symptoms but a lack of Eldepryl might well increase the
progression of those symptoms. Does any of this make
sense?....ED H