I'm Sameer Patel, an electrical engineering student at McGill University. My
mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's in June of this year. She's 61 years old.
I've joined this group to get a better feeling of what the disease will do
to her in the years to com (both physically and mentally). Right now,
she has no tremor but does have a great deal of difficulty moving about.
Unfortunately, she hasn't responded very well to the medication. The doctor's
are still adjusting the dosage. Mentally, she's handling the illness very well.
Although she was a little depressed in the beginning, she's quite happy
now. She feels good when she is able to do something (like going for a walk)
and tries not to feel down when she can't.

Sameer Patel
[log in to unmask] (preferred)