Here's a posting of interest from PERFORM!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 21:49:26 -0500
From: Helen Ostovich <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PERFORM <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Witches

If anyone knows of an old English (or Scottish) play with witches
represented in it, please let me know!  Even sideways glances at witches
will do -- like the alewife in the Chester "Harrowing of Hell", or the
midwife with the withered hand in the Chester "Nativity".  Outspoken old
grumblers are also acceptable, but I don't mean Mrs Noah.  References to
witches, burnings, hangings, scratching of witches, killing of swine or
cattle by cursing, familiars such as dogs, flies, toads, or cats.  All
replies will be gratefully received and acknowledged.  I am looking for
any references from before 1575.

Helen Ostovich    ([log in to unmask])
McMaster University