To: [log in to unmask]

>.  Parkinson's disease IS NOT the end of
life.  It is the
>beginning of a new way of life.  An
adventure, that allows you to learn, to
>help other people, and to enjoy what life
you have left according to that big
>book up in the sky (or should that be
"down in the ground?).
>I think that you will find - if explored -
that a positive attitude will help
>as much (or maybe even more) than any drug
that you can find.
>Vern Dauphin : a 15 year Parkinsonian

    Vern is right about maintaining
positive attitude. Itos about the only
resource left when you have, like him,
fifteen years of Pd. I have it already for
the same amount of years, but my attitude
is not as positive as his, although Iom
hanging out there, somewhat.

    Now, Iom in a Hospital, here in Mexico,
convalescing from a brutal operation
(second in this year) of the prostrate
gland, full of pain, self-pity, and above
all, almost totally immobile, when less
than a week ago, I was walking, and still
responsive to Sinemet. Now, the response is
erratic, and for the first time in my life,
there is no strength in the legs, so I need
somebody to holding me up. Itos a very
disturbing feeling, suddenly become
dependent, and in a way, seeing the end of
this long battle against the ravages of the
illness.

     But, in the mist of all that despair and
hopelessness, laying down for days at
times, with my eyes closed, pain and aches
all over, incapable of  doing anything, I
felt that there was life still surrounding
me, and that with a supreme effort on my
part, I could rejoin the living.

     Now I could do a gigantic effort and
write the above --took a whole day-- to
convey a thought to all of you: that even
in the worst case scenario, you should find
reasons to fight back, toughts that put you
almost where you were, and to enjoy to the
outmost the stage you are in right now,
because in our case today is better than
tomorrow. Put up a good fight, and you will
win partial victories.

     Sergio Guzik, Mexico

---
* UniQWK v2.1 * The Windows Mail Reader