Barbara,
I am sorry that your friend, a wonderful friend and person, was murdered.
This way of death must be especially hard. I can not even imagine. I have a
friend and colleague whose Mother was murdered. I asked Marilyn what I should
say that would possibly help. She has talked to other people who have had the
same thing happen and also there are a couple of helpful books. But we all
have our time to grieve and my experience is kind of like my mother-in-laws,
"you don't get over it you just kind of get used to it."
Best wishes. Jan Potter