I am Vern Dauphin, a Parkinsonian.,  My wife and I have been deeply into
research of the history of PD, and try to stay up with the current "wave".
We were drawn to your Internet note on several levels.  The following is by
Sue, my wife:
The research Vern refers to is the work done to produce my book on the
history of Parkinson's disease (Parkinson's Disease: The Mystery, the Search
and the Promise - ISBN#0-9620354-1-6) and though I had not come across
references to MSA, I did learn that there can be various syndromes that
resemble PD in life but have differing etiologies that can only be confirmed
by autopsy. Vern's dad, in fact suffered from Supra Nuclear Palsy which had
some similarities to PD but was actually not the same at all. This was
diagnosed correctly in life but only confirmed later. I was interested in
your references to Dr. Lees as his work along with Drs Sandler and Stern on
deprenyl formed part of my story.  I also reported on their studies of
Apomorphine. I am glad to learn that the drug has been approved in England.
And wonder if your "Mum" used the penjet?  Hopefully it will eventually be
available in the US. I would like to have your father's address so i can
correspond with him directly to discuss ways of making my book available in
the UK.   Also, I am quite interested in your CANDI project. I have a cousin,
Phil Atkinson who designs systems for handicapped people such as computers
operated by a stick held in the mouth, etc.  He does this as you do for those
who need it, not for his own profit.  In fact he is just retiring from his
job as an engineer and setting up his own lab to do this work full time.  I
think he might well be very interested in CANDI so I am sending him a copy of
your letter by mail.  He is not on any BBS though he does use MACs in his
work.  Can he write direct to you?  If not we will be happy to act as
intermediary.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.  Sue Dauphin
Simon, use my Internet address to respond to Sue ....<[log in to unmask]>.
Your CANDI project sounds very interesting, but alas, I do not have an Apple
Newton.  What it the form of input to the device?
VernD