Susan, I have been on a  low fat vegetarian diet since the fall and it has
made a major impact on my PD ( particularily the rigidity). In my opinion
there is a difference between the way my body uses animal protein and
vegetable protein. The vegetable protein does not seem to affect me as a
matter of fact legumes seem to give me a lift. This is of course just my
opinion but you may want to give it a try. The book that started me on this
oddesy is DR DEAN ORNISH'S PROGRAM FOR REVERSING HEART DISEASE(there are
some recipes). As far as low protein before I really did this right I went
vegetarian but did not eat legumes which are a source of protein and I got
very slow and tired so be careful.          Donna