Susan, I can only, of course relate my own experiences. I am not sure what
I can relate my improvement to since the diet I went on is both vegetarian
and low fat. I do think part of is the absence of animal protein but I also
think that the low fat part of it is also factor because whenever I cheat
and eat something that is high in fat (of course for me that means high in
sugar too) I can really tell the difference. As far as general recipe ideas
pasta is ideal because it has the perfect protein/carbohydrate ratio 7/1. I
use tomato sauce and add a lot of fresh vegetables and it is delicous. You
may want to add a little meat. I usually add some legumes. Trying to find
recipes is difficult. I now have a little repetoire which is boring but
easy to prepare because my family does not share my enthusiasm for  a
vegetarian lifestyle.  Lucian's idea about getting some referrals from the
kidney foundation is an excellant one. As far as the subject on my previous
note goes chalk that up to inexperience with the software I use. Becoming
computer literate is not easy for me. As far as the list being slow I am
sure that you may have noticed apathy is one of the battles that we must do
battle with. It appears to be rampant among us all. Donna