Barb and others:  My name is Jerry Boggs.  I am Computer Services Manager at
Western Wisconsin Technical College in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I am 51 years old
and was diagnosed with PD 2 years ago.  We just got Internet access last week so
I was excited when I found the Parkinson's group on the net.  My parkinsons
which began as a nuisance has been getting worse.  My symptoms are tremor in my
left arm, stiffness, insomnia and some speech problems.  I am taking eldepryl
5mg. and tried sinemet but got flu like illness.  I am wrestling with telling my
staff and others at work about my PD.  I have told 3 of my staff and I imagine
many others know there is a problem.  I know many of you have dealt with this
and I welcome your advice.  My fear is that people will think they have to treat
me differently.  Also, I have lost confidence in my neurologist and wondered if
anyone knew of a good doc in my area. (Mayo clinic perhaps).  I remain
optimistic and will not let this disease master me.  In the Optimist club our
creed begins "To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind".
Remain strong and thanks for your understanding.  ....Jerry