My mom was diagnosed with PD at the age of 61, not a "young" patient, I guess.
 She did spend all of her summers on a farm and winters in a small town in
a rural community. Mom smoked for awhile in her twenties, never a heavy smoker,
and hasn't smoked for about 40 years.  I had read of the farm/chemical connecti
on, and wondered if her PD was linked.  However, her sister who is slightly
older does not have PD and would have been exposed to the same environment.
I was recently involved in a discussion of dangers of chemicals with a chemist/
toxicologist, who said that virtually anything is toxic but it all depends on
 dosage.  Also involved is an individual susceptibility to a chemical, in other
 words, two people exposed to exactly the same dosages of a chemical can have
significantly different reactions. That is part of the mystery of PD and many
other ailments---you can identify risk factors, but there are so many factors
involved that you can't predict with complete accuracy    who might develop the
disease---some people might be statistically more likely to develop PD, or
breast cancer, or any of a host of other ailments.  So while there might be a
"typical" PD case history, there will be just as many exceptions.  Just a few
random thoughts from a lay person, wondering why my mom has this ailment.  I'll
be interested to hear the thoughts of others.  Mary Vass