The most positive thing I can think of is that Billy Graham has pd and
still appears on tv all over the world.  He is definitely an excellent
example for all of us who have pd.  Also, give your father-in-law
time..it's an awful shock to get this diagnosis and may take a while to
get a handle on it.  I would like to recommend an excellent audiotape
(written by one of our list-members, Jace Leach).  It is 'Parkinson's
Disease:  How to Cope and Live With It'.  It is available for $9.95 (US)
through Duvall Media, Inc., P.O. Box 15892, Newport Beach, CA 92659,
Phone:  714-631-3445 or 1-800-726-3465.  ISBN 1-878159-14-3. No. JL230.
Congratulations Jace, on contributing a very valuable resource.