Thank you all very much for your messages of sympathy in the death of my
friend, Janet McKnight.  She was a very special person.  She had a great
sense of humour, a vast amount of compassion and was one of the most
intelligent, capable women I know.  Janet cared very deeply about many
things..her students, her parents, sister and brother, her three young
nephews, and her friends...and she had many friends.  Most of all, she
loved her husband, Dr. Robert McKnight.  Bob was an orthopedic surgeon in
Hamilton.  He was being treated for depression.  I had an email message on
Sunday evening from Janet (we talked off and on all day at work and
evenings and weekends on email).  Janet said in her message that she had
had a great day.  The next morning (I think/hope she was still asleep),
she was stabbed to death.  When neither Janet nor Bob were at work in the
morning, Bob's secretary and I feared the worst.  She phoned the police
but they wouldn't force their way in.  I phoned a friend of Janet's who
had a key to her house and she went there and let them in.  The police
rescued Bob who had hanged himself..five minutes more and he would have
been dead.  There was nothing they could do for Janet.  Bob has been
charged with murder. That's the whole story as far as I know it.

Thank you all for your offers of help and prayer and support.  They are much
appreciated.