Fellow REED-ers,

Events at the end of '93, especially the sudden growth of information
about INTERNET and its discussion groups, have caused me to make a
change in the way this group is administered. From now on, new
members will be asked to provide some information about themselves
and their interest in our topic, as well as letting me know how
they found out about REED-L. I plan to post the biographies of new
members from time to time, as is done on FICINO and some other
discussion lists.

In the interest of fair play and curiosity, I would like suggest that
existing members might also submit short biographies for me to digest
and post. Please send them to me at [log in to unmask] and NOT to
the list.

Yours faithfully,

Abigail