Here is the first set of short biographies from members new and old.
Thanks to all who sent theirs in: what about the rest of you!?!

AAY
Name: Graham A. Runnalls
email: [log in to unmask]
snailmail: Department of French, 60 George Square,
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, EH8 9JU
tel.: university 031 650 8410; home 031 337 1737

Career and post: BA, MA (Exeter University); Dip.Gen.Ling.,
DLitt (Edinburgh University). At Edinburgh since 1966.
Presently Professor of French.

Academic Interests: All aspects of the theatre of Medieval
France. My publications relate either to the discovery and
editions of texts (mostly French miracle and mystery plays)
or to work on the historico-social background to play
performances (or both of these). I am also interested in
the "aesthetics" of mystery plays.

Major publications (books) include critical editions
published by Droz, Geneva of:  *Le Miracle de l'Enfant
Ressuscite* (1972); *Le Mystere de la Passion Nostre
Seigneur (=La Passion Sainte Genevieve)* (1976); *Le Cycle
de Mysteres des Premiers Martyrs* (1976); *La
Passion d'Auvergne* (1982); *La Vie de Marie Magdalaine*
(1986). See also *The Baptism and Temptation of Christ*
(with John Elliott), Yale U.P. (1978);
*Le Mystere de la Passion a Amboise*, *Le Moyen
Francais* vol. 26 (1991).

My most recent publication likely to interest REEDers (!)
is an edition and a detailed study of a recent discovery:
the complete set of accounts for the Passion Play performed
at Chateaudun in 1510: (with Marcel Couturier), *Le Compte
du Mystere de la Passion de Chateaudun, 1510*, Societe
Archeologique d'Eure-et-Loir, Chartres 1991 (ISBN 2-905866-
05-5).

L-REED: learnt about via the latest number of *Medieval
English Theatre*

Founder member and one-time President of the Societe
Internationale pour l'Etude du Theatre Medieval (SITM).

William Ingram.  Professor of English, University of Michigan, Ann
Arbor.  Interested in social and economic matrix of Elizabethan
theatrical activity.  Staunch supporter of anyone who (like REED)
values primary documents.

I'm a complete amateur, although an enthusiastic one. I got into
early drama through the Society for Creative Anachronism, and all
my work in it has been through there. I've been involved in a
variety of recreations of short period pieces, including two
variants of a disguising done for Richard III (as I recall),
several small mummings and play fragments, a morality play or two,
and a local Commedia dell'Arte troupe; we've also done several
full-length Elizabethan plays, mostly Shakespeare. I'm currently
producing a staging of The Knight of the Burning Pestle for
April '94.

                -- Mark Waks
                Better known as Justin du Coeur

Biography of D. Jerry White

          Address:
             Department of English
             Central Missouri State University
             Warrensburg, Missouri 64093  USA
             (816-543-4699)
             FAX: 816-543-8006

D. Jerry White holds the A.B. degree from Barton College and the
A.M. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. He is Professor of English at Central Missouri
State University where he has taught since 1980.  Prior to this
appointment, he taught at Eureka College and The College of Idaho.
At Central he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in
Shakespeare, an occasional graduate course in medieval and early
Renaissance drama, the graduate research methods course, and many
sections of literary surveys and freshman composition.

White's publications include Early English Drama: Everyman to 1580.
(Boston: G. K. Hall, 1986), and Richard Edwards' Damon and Pithias: A
Critical, Old-Spelling Edition (New York: Garland, 1980).
Since 1988, he has served on the World Shakespeare Bibliography
committee of correspondents.

I'm a third-year Ph. D. student in the Department of English at the
University of Pennsylvania.  My primary scholarly interest (at the
moment) is the intersection of form and ideology in late medieval and
early Tudor English drama.  The morality plays particularly interest
me, but I am currently working on the York Passion sequence, tyrants'
harangues, and Louis Althusser!  I also have an interest in material
culture, one reason why I'm hoping to begin seriously working with
the REED vols. in the near future (i.e., as I approach my dissertation).

Rob Barrett

--
Robert W. Barrett, Jr.
Department of English

My name is John Morris.  I graduated with a Bachelor of Independent
Studies from the University of Waterloo, Canada on the strength of a
thesis in political philosophy.  After several years of part-time
night courses in English literature at the University of Toronto, I
was admitted to the MA program in English literature at the University
of Alberta, Canada where I was awarded an MA in 1991 for my thesis
_Troilus, Criseyde and Prudence_, an essay on moral virtue in
Chaucer's _Troilus and Criseyde_.  I am presently a doctoral candidate
at the University of Alberta where I am preparing for my candidacy
examinations.  Once my exams are completed, I will write a
dissertation that will include an edition of John Lydgate's Aesopic
fables and an extensive commentary on Lydgate's life and work in the
contexts of English language, literacy, and manuscript culture in
fifteenth-century England.

I have held a variety of graduate research positions, the most
satisfying of which have been with Prof. Stephen Reimer's Canon of
Lydgate project and as an editorial assistant for Prof. Julian
Martin's forthcoming edition of the Elizabethan works of Francis
Bacon.  I am presently administering a joint Psychology-English study
into readers' responses to literature for Profs. David Miall and Don
Kuiken at the University of Alberta.

My interest in REED-L, and early drama in general, is primarily to
help me keep abreast of current scholarship in an area which is part
of my chosen specialization but not directly part of my immediate
scholarly concerns.

I am in the first year of my M.A. at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
I am hoping to write my thesis on Corpus Christi drama, and I'm
particularly interested in mothers and female sexuality in the Middle
Ages.  I am currently working with Dr. Anne Higgins, who will be
supervising my thesis.
This is the first discussionn group I have attempted to join, so I'm
afraid I'm a bit of a "rookie".  I found out about this group from
another] friend in my program who was looking through a directory of
discussion groups and thought this would interest me.
                                         Christina McKay

As for my bio, I am currently completing my M.A. in English, emphasis
on Renaissance drama, at Michigan State.  Next fall I will begin work
on my Ph.D., probably at MSU as well.  My interests focus mainly on
tragedies of the late Renaissance, namely those of Ford and Webster,
and their increasingly violent nature.  In particular, I'm interested
in what these plays call to be done to bodies, and how these acts
might be staged and interpreted, both in the Renaissance and now.

In the past year, I've presented two papers related to these
interests.  Last April, I attended the Penn State Graduate Student
Conference on Figures of the Body, 1500-1640, where I addressed the
cultural significance of hearts as related to 'Tis Pity.  This past
June, I attended the Newberry Graduate Conference, where I presented
my preliminary ideas about the link between anatomical and commercial
theatres.  This March, I will present a more detailed version of that
paper at the New College of South Florida Medieval and Renaissance
Studies Conference.

I found you in the Internet Directory my father got for Christmas.

Hillary Nunn

I must admit that I probably won't have very much to contribute,
but I am fascinated by the topic. I am a MFA student at Yale School
of Drama with a concentration in theater management. My intention
is to eventually take a leadership role in a major regional theater
in the United States, and I'm here earning this degree so I'll know
as much as possible before I take on such a role. I am on the staff
of the Yale Repertory Theater and I've worked at the Old Globe
Theatre in San Diego, as well as other smaller theaters. I love the
theater intensely - but as much as I do, I love producing theater even
more. I love the people, I love the discussion. Thus, while I don't see
myself as having a lot to say, I would love to hear what is said.

Mark Kupferman
Mark Kupferman                          [log in to unmask]
Yale School of Drama
Yale Repertory Theatre