---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 15:04:06 -0700 (MST)
From: Genelle Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Welcome Thanks - Genelle Johnson

My father's uncle was diagnosed with Parkinson's middle of last year.  He
seems to have deteriorated quite quickly.  I sit with him sometimes when
his wife needs to get out.  He has in home nursing care but they don't
have a full time live in.

What I would like to get from your list is an idea of what to expect and
how to react to things.  Case in point - I was sitting with my grand uncle
last night.  His wife told me to give him 4 pills at 8 p.m., which I did.
He dropped one and I couldn't find it.  He told me which one it was so I
went and got one and gave it to him.  I told his wife about this and she
said I hope he didn't get a double dose.  Should I have done this?  How
likely is it that he did/did not know which pill he dropped?

He is about 70 years old.  South Dakota is a rural area and we don't
always hear about the lastest and greatest right away.  I would also like
to hear about new developments in treating/combating this disease.

Thank you very much for your nice letter of introduction.