This is my first posting to PARKINSN. I will compose an intro to myself
later, but suffice it to say for now that I am acting as a mouthpiece, so
to speak, for a couple of Parkinson's sufferers who I  have passed along
the archives to. My immediate question pertains to a scenario I will
describe...
My friend has begun to alter dosages of her medication with the prior
approval of her physician.
Originally the dosage was one Sinemet CR+ one Eldepryl at 6 AM
                             one Sinemet CR + one Eldepryl at 1 PM
                             one half Sinemet CR at 8 PM
this was changed to  one Sinemet CR+ one Eldepryl at 6 AM
                        one half Sinemet CR + one half Eldepryl at 10 AM
                        one half Sinemet CR + one half Eldepryl at 2 PM
                           one half Sinemet CR at 6 PM
This resulted in a very good day, however, the next day when repeating
this altered dosage, after taking one Sinemet CR+ one Eldepryl at 6 AM, at
the 10 AM time, when the one half Sinemet touched her tongue, there was an
immediate reaction of all the sinuses, with floods of mucus in the throat,
severe choking and profusely watering eyes. She immediately spit out the
tablet, the coating of which had partially dissolved. The symptoms
subsided after 20 minutes or so  She has  had no satisfactory explanation
for why this occurred. Has anyone dealt with the same reactions at any time?
She has resumed her original dosages for fear of this reacurring. I
believe she should have waited until 2 PM or so to take the first half
dose, but this does not explain why it did not occur the first day the
dosage was altered.