I will keep an eye out for curved "flatware." I hope handle is bulkier as
well as curved.

Further to DOORKNOBS: It strikes me that this is a political and awareness
problem, not too much less important to ACCESS than wheelchair ramps and
wheelchair-width doors. If you can't readily open a door, you don't have
access. My mother, the Parkinsonian, recently moved to a nursing home. It
is recommended that they keep the door to room closed when leaving for the
dining room, etc., since some residents wander. But her hands are weak now
(ah, this woman who used t have a grip of steel), and, especially from the
angle of her wheelchair, she cannot open the (unlocked but closed) door to
her room.

My theory is that all designers are 6-foot, 175-pound, muscular males, who
have no conception of the problems their products present to smaller,
weaker people. I am thinking of the door-open button on my mothers
microwave. Once you figure out that that elegant slightly recessed lozenge
is the door open button, you have to exert who knows how many foot-pounds
of effort to depress it enough to release the catch behind it AND the
second, much highter catch. I cannot do it one-handed; I have to wrap the
fingers of one or both hands around the edge of the macrowave and then
push w both thumbs. I am 5-5, 128 pounds, reasonably strong.

Bottom line, WHEN BUYING THINGS FOR YOUR ELDERLY AND/OR PARKINSONIAN
FRIEND, look for products that require very minimal exertion .. far less
than you may be able to exert.