 Hello, everybody!   My name is Paul Millikin, and I'm a 71 year
 old semi-retired pathologist, now a part-time volunteer at the
 University of Illinois School of Medicine at Peoria, known as UICOMP.

 My wife has Parkinson-LIKE symptoms, including a tremor and gait
 problems, but so far there has been no response to Eldepryl, Sinemet
 or l-dopa.  Best guess, according to the gurus, is that she has a
 somewhat obscure familial disease, because her father died at age 68
 with similar symptoms.   They call it ET, for Essential Tremor, meaning
 a tremor that they don't know anything about.

 I got the phone number of the United Parkinson Foundation from this BB
 and called them.  There was a very nice lady on the other end, who was
 eager to send me literature on the subject, but first she wanted to know
 if my wife had Parkinson's or ET so she could decide which literature
 to send me.

 That suggested that there might be quite a few people with ET who are
 part of this group.  If there are, I would be interested to hear from
 them.   Although I'm a doctor, I'm slogging through a medical No-Man's
 land when it comes to ET.  There don't seem to be a whole lot of experts
 on the subject.

 As for those of you who are dealing with actual Parkinson's, I'm very much
 impressed with your input, both patients and caregivers.   This BB is a
 GREAT, and probably very therapeutic idea!

Paul D. Millikin    [log in to unmask]  (Internet)
6514 N. Imperial
Peoria, IL   61614