Dear Simon J. Coles:  Thanks for chasing down the information on the door
handles.  Those sound like the ones that I purchased.  I will be in touch
with them for the information.  That sounds like a good alternative source
for them, for those of us who need them.  I got them at the time as touch
of snobbery, to have my house outfitted with British door hardware, and because
I liked the way that they worked.  I've since moved from that house, leaving
them behind.
        I also appreciate your finding the house design book.  We have been
planning an addition to our house, and found a similar book in the public
library; this one US produced.  We took it to the contractor who had not seen
it.  He was pleased to receive it and ordered himself a copy.  We did not
keep a reference on it, so I will have to contact the contractor and ask him
about it.
        Thanks again.

Dear Barbara Patterson:  The Sinemet reaction is not good news.  Perhaps there
is an interaction going on with the Deprenyl; what does your neurolgist think?
More likely, I suppose, is a system intolerance.  There now is a generic, maybe
you could try another manufacturers product in case there is something in the
preparation that bothers you.  My neurologist started me on Sinemet first and
then added Deprenyl a month later.  I was started on 25/100 3x; and I continue
that without problem.
        Yesterday I had a frightening experience that apparently was harmless.
I was at the office and suddenly experienced a terribly hot burning in the back
of my neck.  My associated remarked that I looked very red in the face.  I
looked at myself in the mirror and saw that too.  I thought that it was an
allergy reaction, called my wife to meet me at the allergy clinic and went
directly there, it being a 2 block walk away.  I was seen immediately, my
vital signs taken (nothing apparent there) and then waited for 30 min for
a physician to see me.  During that time, I began to feel better.  He examined
me and decided that it was a rash, not a flush and wondered if I were taking
sulfa or some such medication.  I was not.  He then wondered if it might be
related to the Sinemet.  I was told to discontinue everything (vitamins and
supplements) for awhiland observe what was going on.
        Upon return to campus I told the incident to a colleague who observed
that he had had sucha reaction to niacin.  I called my biochemist consultan
a reaction to niacin.  I called my biochemist consultant who verified that
some of his clients, and he himself, had had a similar reaction to niacin.
        I went to my every ready source, S. S. Hendler (1990) The Doctors
Vitamin and Mineral Encyclopedia and found the following entry:
        "niacin flush," a burning, itching, reddening, tingling sensation,
usually in the face, neck, arms and upper chest, which may persist for half
an hour or even longer, causing some people fright and others discomfort.  The
flush is not dangerour but is fearsome to many"
        I thought that some of you might find this useful, particularly if you
might be taking Vitamin B-3 (niacin).  I went back to work after the incident
and there was no further problem.  I will take a days rest from the vitamins
and resume tomorrow.
        Regards to every one.  Bob Newbrough ([log in to unmask])