Barb Patterson:  Thanks for the welcome.  I have sent several messages but
all have come back as NO-NO's, so here we go again.

I am a Registered Nurse - Midwife graduate of University of Virginia and
Frontier Nursing Service.  I'm married to a lawyer and have two daughters
both on this list.  I am a transplanted Canadian born in Nfld. but spent my
grade school days in Dalhousie NB and high school days (Lisgar) in Ottawa.

Parkinsons forced me to retire eight years ago.  My claim to fame is a
pallidotomy I had in Stockholm last May by Dr. Lauri Latinen.  The procedure
improved my quality of life.  I recently started on Sinemet CR 25/l00 three
times a day and at the same time stopped Eldepryl (Deprenyl) which I had
taken for three years (1/2 tablet once a day).  So far so good.

I am a member of all the USA Parkinson's organizations as well as the
Parkinson Foundation of Canada.  I try to attend all the PFC annual meetings
and will go to Montreal this year so maybe will see you there.

Signing off now.  Hope this doesn't explode.

Barbara Yacos