John,

1) To obtain the list of files in the PARKINSN archives, address mail to:

2) The message text must be (exactly):

      INDEX PARKINSN

The computer reads this message and returns to you the names of stored files.

3) Select the files which you wish to receive and again address mail:

4)The message text must be (exactly):

     GET PARKINSN <insert filename here>

If you wish to request more than one file at a time, use a separate line
in the message text for each, i.e., make next line read:

     GET PARKINSN <insert second filename, etc.>

The one-month files were quite long.  The weekly files should be much
easier to handle and will be more timely for the end-user.

After receiving the files, I copy them into my word processor and 'edit
out' the extraneous header information, computer inserted page numbers,
and any excess line feeds.  This does consume a little time, but like the
on-going hardware discussion, why not make it first-class?  The
interested persons are first-class!

I print the material, then take it to a nearby inexpensive copy center,
have two copies made and each bound with large inexpensive plastic
splines. This makes the pages easy to turn for those whose fingers are
not so nimble as before PD.  The recipients are my brother and a
highschool classmate.  They are very appreciative and that makes it all
worthwhile.
Alvis ([log in to unmask])