What is the current thinking on a genetic component for Parkinson's? My
mother was diagnosed with PD about two years ago, at age 83. One of the
first things she and we wanted to know was whether it could be transmitted
to offspring. My impression was that there is little or no evidence for
inherited PD except for an almost vanishingly small type of PD. Do you
have other information?