On Wed, 23 Feb 1994, Barbara Yacos wrote:

> Am I understanding correctly that you were diagnosed a year ago and that you
> and Judy Norris set up and are owners of this Parkinson's Disease Information
> Network?
....I was diagnosed in Sept., 92 and started on Deprenyl at the same time.
 Judy and I started this discussion list late in 93.  Judy is still
co-owner of the list (so she can help with any listserver problems) but
she signed off as a participant.  Judy is also owner of NURSNET, a very
active list.

> My question re "Unknown" is because the subject PD Digest is TO - BarbYac -
> and FROM:  Unknown.  What does that mean?
...I don't know but I'll try to find out.

> I don't understand what the LISTSERVER command "Set Parkinsn Digests" does.
...Rather than getting several messages every day, you would get one
message with all of the separate messages in it.

> is a great way to learn.   This year the conference is in Montreal.
> Information has not been sent out yet, but probably meeting in the fall as
> usual.  Call PFC in Toronto for newsletter - "NETWORK" - 416-964-1155.
> Members get a break on hotel rates, and meals are always special.
...Sounds great.  I'll phone tomorrow.

L-dopa in some > patients.  Some neurologists stop the Deprenyl when
Sinemet is started - some > neurologists don't use Deprenyl at all.  Some
say it slows down progression > of the disease - others say it doesn't.
Most agree that it has some > antiparkinson properties and helps with some
symptoms.  That hies us back to > the fact that it enhances the action of
Sinemet, which could be a problem in > some people. > > What can I tell
you - there is a statistic for everything. > > > Barbara Yacos >

..I am on Deprenyl, too.  Your suggestion about Sinement CR sounds like a
good idea.  I'm going to suggest it to the neurologist.