When my mother started having symptoms and seeing doctors, they would only
say, "PD is one possibility." She thought they were trying to conceal the
truth from her, and by coincidence she got a donation request in the mail
asking for money for PD, and listing the most terrible symptoms ...
drooling, loss of control, confinement to wheelchair (if I knew who did
that I would flame them; certainly no reputable oranizations.)

At any rate after some research on my part I was able to tell her honestly
that PD early on is difficult to diagnose ... doctors were being honest.
And one test is to give Seinemet (I've got Seinfeld on the brain) .. to
give Sinemet and see if it helps.

Certainly symptoms progress, but not with the speed and inevitable
severity the donation request cited.