Darlene Canning asked the same question I did a while ago...is it possible
to take the pd meds only during specific times of stress.  My family
doctor gave me Lorazapam to take during those times.  She said it would
stop the shaking but would make the slowness worse.  When I talked to the
neurologist, she put me on Sinemet, in addition to the Deprenyl I was
already taking.  The side effects of Sinemet kept me off work for 2 1/2
days but are not bothering me now.  I am still only taking 2 a day instead
of 3 but already have noticed a lot of improvement.  My walking is freer;
my typing is smoother and faster; I have more energy.  The neurologist
also said to take a Lorazapam when I know a stressful situation is coming
up.  So, in my case, the pd drugs are forever but I really appreciate the
improvements.