Dear Networkers:
        Barbara Michalak:  Thanks for the comment on biting.  Swelling may well
have been the culprit since I have not had a recurrence for a couple of days
and I have in the last couple of meals not had to consciously do anything to
avoid it.  I got to worrying that something here was related to the disease.
        Thanks to two of you who suggested the water exercises.  I apologize
for not calling you by name, but I forgot to write that down and I cannot
easily retrieve it.  I am still experiencing the tightness in the shoulders.  My
Nautilus trainer has suggested swimming; I am probably going to have to bite
the bullet and begin that.
        Simon J. Coles.  I read with interest your thoughts on the matter of fun
fund raising.  I agree that the presentation of images that capture the
hearts of potential givers, and thus access to their funds, often are
offensive to the recipients.  I guess there is a need for them to feel that
charity is needed, while on our part, we need to feel that we are "people
first" and objects of concern second.  I know that I do.
        I am a very strong advocate of research; most of us would not be
on our medications now if it were not so.  Thanks Alan Bonander for keeping
us informed about the current need to lobby in DC for that.
        Darlene Canning.  Thanks for getting on.  I am glad that you are
finding that following all of this useful.  I certainly would encourage your
father to seek the aid of a good movement disorder neurologist and to explore
medication.  No need to be so miserable.  I was beginning to be quite
affected last year before I was put on Sinemet.  The effects have been quite
restorative.
        Keep up the conversation!
                Bob Newbrough ([log in to unmask])
exit