I am writing this message on behalf of my father, Alan, who has
Parkinson's disease. I subscribed on his behalf and  have been
pulling down the monthly Log files and sending them to him for the
last two months.

On Jan 25th, there was a message giving some information from a book
by Lieberman- Parkinson's Disease: The Complete Guide For Patients
and Caregivers. In information on  Chapter 4, - Understanding Drug
Therapy, the text says:

"Sinamet should be taken 1 hour before meals for maximum benefit with
one whole glass of water or juice"

My father, who lives in England, has been told to take his Sinemet at
certain times during the day, not specifically before or after meals.
He takes two tablets when he gets up at about 7.00a.m., he has
breakfast at about 8.00a.m. He has lunch at about 12.30pm, takes
three more Sinemet at 3.00pm, has dinner at about 5.00pm, and then
takes two more Sinemet at about 10.00pm.

He has not been specifically advised that water should be taken with
the tablets.

Is it likely that there could be a significant benefit derived from
making a change in how he is taking the drug. We would be grateful
for comments.

Phil Roeper