From: sharon hall <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Welcome

  Thanks for the welcome.  I found this out of the new nursing BBS
out of the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.  That is the Nightingale
Internet Gopher.  My father was diagnosed four years ago with
parkinsons (he is now 74) and I really do not know much about it.
I am a phd prepared nurse currently teaching at university of Alabama
at Birmingham School of Nursing but my specialty is Maternal-Infant
so I am at a loss when it comes to most med-surg things.
My main thing now is his fits of temper--and this is from one who used
to be very easy-going individual.  My mother at times has had a hard time
dealing with him.  And she also takes care of her 94 year old father.
Not an easy life.  Anyway, any help in how to deal with this or
other sources would be most helpful.  I doubt if I will contribute
much but at least I will read this board as frequently as I can.  Thanks again
for the welcome and the listening.  Sharon