I'm not a Parkinson patient nor a physician, but I do have reservations
about the "no pain, no gain" philosphy, especially for middle aged and
over people.  While in my 30's I tried working out with weights on a weight
machine.  I read the recommendations in the weight training mags.  But I
developed a hernia. A coworker in his 20's also thinks he has injured himself.

My reccommendation is that anyone who is on a streuous exercise program to
proceed with great caution.  Be careful to use proper form and not over
strain.  If you experience pain, stop!  Go see your physician!