Jackie Gilman:  I wrote the following message on APDA BB in l992.  You might
find it interesting:

From time to time I find myself in a spirited discussion with a    frustrated
physicist (my husband, a lawyer) regarding the cause of idiopatic parkinsons.
 We have negated all the usual postulations as follows:

Herbicides: People had PD before herbicides existed.
Pestcides:  Same.
Toxins from pulp and paper mills:  Same.
Well water:  People who live in cities don't drink well water.
Radon:  Mostly in closed basements in granite rock areas.

So where does that leave us?  NEUTRINOS.  They are particles found
everywhere.   They come from stars.  They can penetrate anything - even a
piece of lead 90 million miles thick.  Someone is born with a genetic glitch
and maybe Neutrinos love this particular glitch and move in and start their
dirty work - hence parkinsons syndrome.

Fix the genetic glitch - Cure PD.

Barbara Yacos   <[log in to unmask]>