Warning .. be careful not to overstress other parts of your body when
sparing your uncooperative hand. When you compensate for an injury by
using your body in novel ways, injury is possible.

I am thinking especially of a back and neck pain my son developed when
injury prevented his using his forearms. He was in college, typing a lot
of papers, and became very fast at one-key-at-a-time typing holding a
shaped tool in his mouth. Talk about hunt and peck. His neck, shoulders
and back soon had had it.

Doctors and physical therapists should do more about warning about such
very natural alternative strategies. Good luck w your typing. Do you know
about the "sticky key" programs on computers, that allow you to do
commands, using just one key at a time, that would ordinarily require to
hold down one key while you then depress another.