To: [log in to unmask]

BC|Keith Vandenberg:  Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore and order
  |PARKINSON'S DISEASE  - The Complete Guide For Patients And Caregivers - by
  |Abraham Lieberman, M.D. (Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board, American
  |Parkinson's Disease Association) - buy the l993 edition as it  is fairly up
  |to date.  If you study this book you will know almost as much as the
  |neurologists who specialize in PD - more than most general neurologists -
  |much, much more than most  internists and general practitioners (unless the
  |doctor happens to have PD or someone close has PD).  In the meantime:

Keith, this excellent reference may also be available at your public
library...it was at mine.

Here are some things that I do to avoid stress which complicates our
condition:

Develop a hobby that dosn't require great skill and dexterity so that
you can maintain mental activity even on your "bad days"....BBSing
isn't bad in the evenings as well as channel surfing with a satellite
system.  Gardening is pleasant also.  If walking distances is a
problem, battery powered go carts are available that would allow you
to "scoot" all over the neighborhood and stay acquainted with the
neighbors and get fresh air.  Don't stay "cooped up".

Prozac from what I hear from friends and relatives does a good job on
depression.  Common remarks I hear from those taking it is that they
have more energy than they have ever had and they never seem to want to
go to bed because they are tired.  Although it is an amazing drug, it
isn't instant because it takes about 2 weeks to "kick in".

John <[log in to unmask]>
---
 ~ 1st 1.10 #803 ~