Those of you who were at the SAA in Albuqueque recently will have seen
the announcement of our next publication in REED's red army, the
Shropshire collection, edited by Alan Somerset of the University of
Western Ontario. We hope to have it to the Press by the end of June. I
think (having worked on it for quite a while now) that it's an extemely
interesting collection because of the range of entertainment represented:
if you (like me) are interested in the language used to describe plays,
playing, and players of all kinds, this is the the collection for you!

Would anyone who was at SAA like to contribute a short report for the
rest of us?

Also a bit of administrivia: End of term is fast approaching and that
often means that accounts die and are replaced by new ones or that people
go away for research trips or even (gasp) holidays. Please, if your
account is going to expire or change, send me a note to tell me about it.
I can sign you off the old and on with the new. Remember to send to
[log in to unmask] and not to the list. If you are going to be away
and are expecting a sudden deluge of messages from this list, you can set
your subscription to nomail while you are gone. Send email with no subject
line to [log in to unmask] containing the line SET REED-L NOMAIL
and nothing else. When you return, you can turn messages on again by sending
email with no subject line to [log in to unmask] containing the
line SET REED-L MAIL and nothing else.

Just to see whether anyone actually reads these general messages, I am
considering putting something really outrageous in at the end, like
SCIENTISTS PROVE SHAKESPEARE WAS A SPACE ALIEN: UFO PLANS CONCEALED IN
ROSE THEATRE EXCAVATIONS........

Abigail