Dear Colleagues,

I will be in London and Oxford researching the iconography of woman in
medieval drama during May-June-July, and wonder whether anyone can tell
me how to gain access to a computer while there.

I have a Macintosh Classic I could bring, but despite its small foot-
print, it is heavy, and not suited for the hold of a plane or for
carry-on.  Last time I was in England (86-87) I investigated computer
rental but found computers were rented only to companies, with an option
to buy.

I suspect that colleges have computer labs, but since I am not a member,
I suppose I am not eligible to use these.  Any ideas?

Also, does the British Library have a computer room these days?
And an on-line catalog, perhaps, yet?

If you can help, please respond to my e-mail address.  Thanks loads.

Frances Gussenhoven:  [log in to unmask]