Dear Barbara, In response to your inquiry I am quoting from a copy of an
article by Christopher F. O'Brien , MD, and Laura J. Wall, RN, of the APDA
Information and Referral Center, Englewood, CO, that I received from APDA,
NY. I will submit the entire article after I have obtained permission from
APDA to do so.  The article is entitled, "Depression in Parkinson's
Disease."Pertinent to your inquiry is the following:  "Treatment with
antidepressant medications must be supervised by someone knowledgable
about PD as some medications have beneficial side effects while others
worsen parkinsonism. For example, amitryptyline (Elavil) and nortryptiline
(Pamelor) may decrease the parkinsonian tremor and aid sleep. With these
drugs, some people may experience worsening confusion. Fluoxeline (Prozac)
has worsened mobility on occasion and is not a first choice therapy in PD.

Fluoxeline (Prozac) and related medications (e.g.Zoloft) may cause serious
problems if combined with selegine(Eldepryl). Tranylcrypromlne (Parnale)
and phenelzine (Nardil) cannot be given with
sinemet dut to risk of serious side effects."
Best regards, Gaylord Rough  ([log in to unmask]