Dear Ed,
Strange as this may sound to you, LAMPS does a lot better meeting one a week
than it ever did meeting once a month.  It gives our members someplace they
can go to meet with their peers, and exchange positive information on a
regular basis.  .  That is the other key, we stress positive information and
support in an almost social setting (not party all the time).  We don't
encourage people crying in their beer.  It is also a place to exchange
information amoung the care givers while the Parkinsoninan exercises.  We
even expanded the meeting from 1 hour to 2 at the request of the membership.
That is another thing:  We don't have "members".  We have "member-families".
When do you meet?  I get to Miami from time to time (NPF), and if it worked
out, I could stop by and speak to your group  using my "traveling road show
for PD - and all that stuff".   Most groups seems to enjoy it, and the
information presented.
Best of luck with your Support Group.
Keep the wings level, my friend,

VernD