HEllo:  I really like your telling about the support groups.  There is one
starting here in Nashville that has been very unsatisfying to me.  And I
felt like Vern; I withdrew.  But I'd like to see if it could be shaped in
some ways to be more inclusive.  The first one was a slide show and lecture
by a local neurologist, a series of very simple exercises, and refreshments.
My wife and I felt like it was a training session for being compliant and
going to a nursing home.  There was no participation; no recognition that
there was great experience and wisdom among those of us with PD in the
 "audience" and no real support was offered.  I would be very interested in
hearing much more about how various of you have experienced good groups and
what they have done.  Bob Newbrough ([log in to unmask])