Dear Lucille Wright:  I had a pallidotomy last May 21 done by Dr. Lauri
Laitinen in Sweden, and to answer your question about what I mean by
improvement in my quality of life - one short sentence answers that.  Since
the pallidotomy I stopped falling.  No  more bruises.  No more  fear of one
fall breaking a bone.  For PD "fallers" this is a real plus.  There are other
goodies for me but falling was the best benefit.  Time will tell how long the
benefits last.  I plan to keep everyone informed - good or bad - and will
message a short history one year post-op.

Barbara Yacos