Bob:  We have had a very long, cold winter with more snow than necessary
but I don't think the murders are related to that.  Janet was in a 'bad'
relationship and stayed and tried to make things better.  Result:  murder.
Joan got out of a bad relationship.  Result:  murder.  As far as I can
remember, the other murders in this city have been similar.  The fact that
they both were at McMaster is coincidence...but it's been especially hard
on some of our students who lived in the same building as Joan did and had
Janet as a professor.

Classes are finished now and spring is here so things are looking a little
brighter for all of us.