Hey JR, you must have read me wrong or I wrote something wrong.  Your line
regarding me and Suport Groups: "And I felt like Vern; I withdrew." is not
me.  I fully support the idea of support groups.  They are invaluable to the
care giver and the Parkinsonian.  If you go to an "unsatisfying" Support
Group, become a participant, NOT an attendee, and help change it to a
satisfying Suport Group.  Most Support Groups that I am aware of (and there
are many) welcome anyone with new and exciting  ideas, and will respond.  It
is all in taking the bull by the horns and doing something with it, much the
same way Ed is doing in Miami.
What you don't want is an "audience".  What you want is participants, and the
way you do that is to get as many involved with the Support Group as
possible.  Give everybody a job, form committies that have a "do-able" goal.
Keep things positive (actions and attitudes),  be informative, and provide a
social event to build communications and esprit de corps.  You would be
surprised what a Parkinson Golf Team can do for a bunch of people that
thought they might never play golf again ...as an example.  The same thing
happened with our tennis team.  It's not how good you do it, but the fact
that you try, AND do it.
Why don't you go back to that unsatisfying Support Group in Nashville, and
light their fire.  If it doesn't work, at least you will be satisfied with
yourself for trying.  Sic 'em, Tiger.
AS for me, you can count the number of things I have withdrawn from on one
hand ...twice.
VernD