Good day,

        My name is Jeff Jones and I began to receive PD information last
Sunday when I joined the Parkinson list.  I joined because my lady, Becky, was
diagnosed with PD a little over 10 years ago and I wish to help her.  She
is 48 years old and is a very gentle artist.  I am the same age and a Systems
Engineer at EDS.  I analyze, construct, repair, and break computer systems.
I am currently defining systems engineering processes and attempting to
implement them for our 1200 (+/-) person organization.

        I originally intended to just listen but find that already I am
speaking.  Becky and I have another friend who has ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral
Sclerosis) whom we visit.  He has been taking amino acids for a number of
years and has actually put on weight.  This is unusual.  He needs a ventilator
to breathe most of the time but his illness doesn't hamper him from getting
around.  I shared all this because at my suggestion Becky had some tests taken
to determine the current situation of her health in relationship to amino acids
and other "stuff."  I am not a medical person.  I last saw a doctor about 2
years ago.  Becky had the test taken (they are expensive) and the results
showed that she was deficient in a number of areas.  The people with whom she
was working provided a tailored regieme of amino acid and nutritional
supplementation.  She has been following the regieme, fairly well and in
our opinion has improved.  She has gained weight and is keeping it on.

        Caution:  this is not a silver bullet and care needs be taken
because one of the nutrients she needs is B6 which interferes with the
Sinement.

        Becky's neurologist is skeptical but doesn't interfere.  Years ago she
had a different neurologist who moved away but before she moved she gave Becky
some advice.  It was to never give up trying and anything at all is a candidate.
        I think that this wonderfulness is long enough.  I am happy to answer
questions or respond to comments.  I just got an Id on the Internet so that I
could do highly important (?) work stuff.  I think that this has more value.
The other is a pain in the data base.

        I am, again, Jeff Jones.  My Id is [log in to unmask]