Please DON'T DO THIS.

Do not, under any circumstances, contact HRH Princess of Wales direct.
She is the Patron of the Society, and merely a figurehead. She plays no
active part whatsoever in the day to day running of the Society. This
is particularly true since her withdrawal from public life. This isn't
to say she doesn't do a lot of useful work for us; just she isn't a
post office :-)

(Barbara - this is a common misconception, I don't mean to criticise.
Princess Di is Patron of a very large number of Charities, and her
Office would prefer it if all communication went through the head
office).

The Hon. Secreatry is currently Ken Patterson, but he is retiring from
council in June. Watch this space for his replacement!

The AGM is in June. There is no way any proposal will get discussed until
after that. Additionally, The Society is in the process of implementing
a new computer system and it is important to get that right first. I
would hope once this has happened we might be able to give Internet
email to all the staff, but this will have to be considered at the
appropriate time.

My Dad (currently a Council member, retiring in June) and I are starting
to publicise the benefits of the Internet and this list in particular.
We are working on it! But as I am sure you are painfully aware, these
things often require care :-(

If you do want to send your proposal to anyone, may I suggest either
Mrs Bridget Smedley (who is on the appropriate council subcommittee -
Editorial & Publications I think), or Bridge McCall (the Society's
Information Officer), or Micheal Wheelan (Chief Executive).

You might wish to send a copy my Father, Mr Derek Coles, also a member
of Council. He is, as far as I am aware, perhaps the only person with an
understanding of "The Internet", and so will best be able to
appreciate your case. Dad will have an Internet address just as soon as
I finish my finals and can set it up :-)

You can contact all the above via the Society's Head Office
        The Parkinson's Disease Society
        22, Upper Woburn Place
        London
        WC1H 0RA

But I think we need to have a full understanding of what is happening
first!

In the mean time, if you do wish to contact the PDS (UK) via email, I am
happy to act and an intermediary. (But note that when I post here, I
post for myself, not as their representative.)

Simon Coles