Dear Gary Wade;  Thanks for being intermediary for your father. It is nice to
hear from you both, and to have a presence on the network.  I have some
suggestions about constipation.  I have found two different very mild laxatives
that are herbal; both carried in my health food/vitamin shop.  They come
in a white plastic bottle with green label (cannot remember the brand right
now & I am at the office):  Senna and Cascara Sagrada.  They come in capsules.
According to the labels, Senna is the milder of the two.  I find for me that
they are the opposite.  I take one Cascara each morning with my vitamins.
That mostly works.  When it does not, I add a Senna at night after the meal.
These two work effectively for me.  I can imagine that taking other combinations
would work as well.  My neurologist did not know of the availability of these,
and is now prescribing them to her other patients.  I would like very much
to know how they work, Dave.
        All the best, Gary and Dave.  Bob Newbrough.