>Simon J. Coles:  I received a reprint from a British publication identified
>only as JACM with an article by Dan Beth-El entitled "Magic beans?  Natural
>sources of L-Dopa in the treatment of Parkinsons Disease."  It describes

From what I remember this flared up in the UK a few years ago (hence
my memory is a bit fuzzy).

Someone published something in a newspaper somewhere, and the PDS (UK) had
a flood of people asking about "the magic beans".

From what I remember there is little or no evidence to suggest these beans
help. PDS did publish an article in their newsletter trying to calm
everything down.

I'll see if I can find the original article, and post it here.

Simon