From: [log in to unmask]

Hello everybody,

I'm so glad to have found this forum. My 70 year-old mother has
recently been diagnosed with PD. The news has devastated my father
and is a source of concern for me and my four sisters.

I have stumbled recently on a Swiss television program showing
promising results from sheep fetal cells therapy. This treatment
seems to substantially alleviate the symptoms for all PD patients
except those that are very far along in their illness
(i.e. bedridden and unable to move).  This therapy unfortunately
seems only available at Clinique LaPrairie (if I remember correctly)
in Switzerland and is expensive.

Has anyone on the net heard of this treatment before? It seems too
good to be true. However, it would resolve my mother's ethical
dilemma as she is opposed on principle to human fetal cell therapy
which requires abortions to be performed.

Joel Lecorre
Orleans, Ontario, Canada

 * SLMR 2.1a * [log in to unmask]