Hi Ian,

I read your question about support groups for PD sufferers in GB. I
don't know about the names and addresses for local groups down
where your folk live - However, they should get in contact with the
Parkinson's Disease Society. Their national HQ is in London. They
run an information service and have a network of local support groups
throughout the country.

Address: Parkinson's Disease Society
               30, Portland Place
               London W1N 3DG
               Telephone: 071 323 1174

If your folks have any difficulty finding out about things, get in touch
again, and I'll see what I can come up with from the north of England.
I'm surprised the local neurologist didn't put them in touch with either
a group in their area, or at least give out the PDSociety literature

Best wishes

Nick