Dear Ian:  The first thing your family should do is to get in touch with the
Parkinson's Disease Society of the United Kingdom at 22 Upper Woburn Place .
London WC1H ORA . Telephone 071-383 3513
There are all sorts of PD programmes, holiday places where patients and
caregivers can go, with staff trained in PD relief, physiotherapy, speech
therapy, nutrition.  There are respite care centres.  Don't let your folks
sit at home and sweat this out alone - sign them up with PDS so they get the
newsletter - get on the mailing list yourself so you know what's offered.
 There are lots of PD things going over there.
    Simon Coles you jump right in here, ya hear!  Your daddy was on the board
of PDS and should know what's going on.  He or someone he knows still with
PDS can help this suffering family I am quite sure.  Is there a support group
in their area? You owe it to me for bawling me out re HRH Princess Diana.
    Hope this eases your mind a bit Ian.
..... Barbara Yacos