Greetings Group!

It's very nice to have found you.  You seems like a very friendly and
informative group of folks -- certainly a welcome combination.

My mother, who is in her mid-fifties, has been a PD patient for over
fifteen years.  We're at a stage where we're dealing with the side
effects of long-term Sinemet treatment. (Radical "On"/"Off" switching,
severe Dyskinesis -- beginning-dose and end-dose, etc.)

The first question I'd like to throw out to the group is about food and
Sinemet interaction.  I know that many people are able to eat "normal"
(i.e. reasonably large) low protein meals throughout the day and still
have benefits of good "On" time from the L-Dopa.  This has not been the
case for my mother in recent years.  She has resorted to eating *very*
little during the day and sort of catching up at dinner -- clearly not
an optimal situation.  I've read recently about the 7:1 ratio thinking
(7 Carbohydrates to 1 Protein), but all the information I've seen has
centered around the prepackaged food being marketed to Parkinson's patients
and I'd be interested in further information.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Or is anyone currently using the 7:1
formula and seeing improvement?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Joanna