On Wed, 25 May 1994 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> How does one "gopher the archives?"  What archives where?  I assume gopher
> means dig into as gophers tend to do that.  Is it a lengthy business? What am
> I missing?
> Barbara Yacos

Hi Barbara.  Gopher is a program used on the Internet to connect to and
search through other computer systems.  I don't know what kind of
Internet services (such as Gopher,Telnet,Lynx...) that AOL provides but
on my system I type "gopher vm.utcc.utoronto.ca" and I am connected to
their Gopher server and can get into a number of archives including
PARKINSN.
Hope that helps.  Feel free to send me email if I didn't fully answer
your question.
Roy